Nancy Dixon distinguishes between 5 kinds of Knowledge Transfer:
- Serial Transfer
- Near Transfer
- Far Transfer
- Strategic Transfer
- Expert Transfer
Far Transfer from Hafidzah Aziz
- Far transfer tasks involve skills and knowledge being applied in situations that change.
- Far transfer tasks require instruction where learners are trained to adapt guidelines to changing situations or environments.
- Far Transfer is a tacit knowledge a team has gained doing nonroutine tasks is transferred to other teams doing similar work in other parts of the organization.
Cultural Enabler in Far Transfer
- The set of shared attitudes, values, goals, and practices that characterizes an institution or organization.
- If it is a cultural or norms of the organization to share the knowledge and experience from senior to junior and to train from upper level to bottom line, that skills and knowledge will expand and new innovation will be able to develop.